Blog of Matt Gerchow

Welcome to my personal and business blog. Currently I am traveling the world and living The Four Hour Workweek. Live Anywhere, Escape 9-5 and Join the New Rich. The tips and techniques here are for those of you that are hungry just like I was before I left the United States for a full-time travel schedule. Enjoy!

Monday, June 16, 2008

Real Estate Investing and When You are Sick!

One of the questions that comes up sometimes is how do I conduct my business when I am sick?

This is all the more reason why you need to automate your business so it can run while you are watching reruns of 'The Dog Whisperer' on National Geographic.

Let's look at how business is being conducted while I am not available.

Phone calls from marketing go where? They go directly to my broker in each state that I am working in.

The Cell Phone goes on silent and the call forwarding is now set to go to voicemail after five seconds. Why? So I can see who called but I am not tempted to answer the phone, no matter who it is. You might think this would be mean to your family if they are trying to reach you but they are all aware of how I answer when I am sick or in the middle of something that cannot be interrupted.

Not calling them back, now that would be rude.

WHAT IF I HAVE A CLOSING THAT DAY? I CAN'T MISS THAT.

If you remember from 'Avoid the Closing' we have a 'Limited Power of Attorney' setup with our title company so that they can sign the closing documents for you.

WHAT IF A DEAL COMES UP THAT I NEED TO GO AND GET A CONTRACT?

Perfect! Your Realtor will be receiving the calls for you and they can go out and get a contract for you. All contracts are subject to inspection.

I can go on and on about automation but this is a great time to plug the book. You can check out a few items and get all of the latest techniques by jumping right over to

www.realinvestingnow.com

Currently I am writing you from Seattle, WA. I am off to Miami for four days next week and then back to Bogota!

Live your dream, no matter what anyone says.

Signing off,

From Bogota Colombia

Matt Gerchow
www.real-estate-investing.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home